The Bowman Mill, built by the Bowman Brothers in 1919, exemplifies the concept of endurance. Located at 401 East Diamond Avenue, this mill was twice destroyed by fire, in 1943 (shown in the left picture) and again in 1987. When a local developer purchased the mill in 1993, it was noted that all the feed bins on the railway sides of the building were still intact, as were the auger, used for grinding feed, and the grain distribution machine. The mill, renamed Granary Row, was the winner of the 1997 Merit Award by the Maryland Society of American Institute of Architects.