Gaithersburg

Carson Ward opened his general store at 101 North Frederick Avenue around 1890. The building served as Town Hall in 1912 and the second story was even used as a public library. Although this building has been extensively rebuilt by its owner, Mattress Discounters, care was taken to preserve the appearence of the building. The photo on the left was taken in 1919.