Gaithersburg

Pleasant View was begun by African-American Methodists in 1868 when Thomas Neverson, George W. Johnson, and Charles Beander bought land and an old building on Darnestown Road. The Pleasant View church was not built until 1888. By 1914 the church was in such poor condition that it was demolished and rebuilt, and this is the church we see today.