Ignatius Ward was a longtime farmer and resident of the area. At the south end of his porperty was an area known as Hunting Hill. Hunting Hill Methodist Episcopal Church was a very small rural church with an all-white congregation of about 50 people, most of who were small farmowners in the vicinity. In 1965 Hunting Hill and McDonald Chapel Church merged and a few years later, the two merged with the black congregation of Pleasant View Church.
Ward built a country store/post office next to the church, along Darnestown Road. He also ran a blacksmith shop at this location. The post office closed in 1905 and Ward died a few years later, in 1909. His granddaughter converted the former store into a residence in 1929 and lived there for many years. The home was demolished in 1996.