Gaithersburg

The Gaither Theatre, once named the Lyric Theatre, was built by Paul and Hobart Ramsdell on Frederick Avenue, between Diamond and Brookes. It was the only theatre in town for a long time. The building burned down in the mid 90's and by then, was being used to sell ready-made kitchen cabinets. The photo on the left was taken in 1959.