In 1938 local businessman Eugene B. Casey built his barn, which was used as a dairy barn. All the lumber to build the barn came from Casey's farms that were located across from one another on Frederick Avenue. The 60 cows at the dairy barn produced 300 gallons of milk a day, which were sold to the Thompson and Chestnut Farms dairies. Casey's barn had a secondary life as a signboard, most notably for political candidates in the 1940's, as shown in the picture above. The dairy barn soon became a local landmark.